At the conclusion of the second course in Parson's Fashion Essentials program "Think Like a Designer" , we've been asked to research and identify a real world job opportunity that interests us, and identify any missing skills required.#parsonsxteenvogue
1. Interesting job:
Vol.Up.2 - Avantguard Fashion Design Curator
Job description: Creating profiles of Avant Garde Fashion Designers, interviewing and compiling web profiles/stories
Skills: squarespace, design, fashion, graphic design, adobe creative suite, adobe illustrator, adobe photoshop, adobe indesign, visual communication, graphics, magazine design, page layout, vector illustration, poster design, typography
2. New skill/s needed: I have almost all the above skills. I am fluent in templated web authoring, an accomplished visual designer, experienced in visual communication including magazine design, vector illustration, poster design and typography. I am an experienced writer, and have conducted interviews and written professionally for technical and art magazines.
There are two new skills I would need to be a successful applicant for this job:
- Expand my knowledge of Avante Garde designers
- Become fluent in squarespace
3. How to acquire those skills:
- Expand my knowledge of Avant Garde designers: Establish a research path, follow where it leads, take notes and summarize/write up my research.
- Become fluent in squarespace: Create and account, learn the tools and how they work, and create a squarespace site about Avante Garde Design and my favorite designers.